We’ve had so many entries for the Carlos Sastre shoe competition that I haven’t been able to choose a winner so I thought I’d let you all decide! I’m going to post my favourite four on Facebook and the one with the most ‘Likees’ by Midday GMT this Friday 30th Oct will be the winner… sound fair?! The four are below but you must ‘Like’ them on Facebook via the Wiggle Facebook fan page to register your vote!
Because I love CYCLING,
I have ATTITUDE,
I REALLY love his style,
I LOVE shopping at Wiggle,
I ONLY want to improve my cycling,
I can SPELL his name with my answer!
After many years of chronic asthma, I bit the bullet and purchased a Focus Izalco Extreme from Wiggle in 2008. I wanted to get fit again and entered my first tri (London) a few months later. I’m doing a MA in Journalism at City Uni and now ride in daily. Now I want to complete an Ironman and then write about it to prove that illness is no barrier. I would love to do it in these shoes as I’m close to his size (5’9″ and 63 kgs) and also love Sastre’s restrained, intelligent style. No greater gift hath a pro cyclist than to lay down his hallowed shoes for such a noble cause….
1. Because they would fit me.
2. Because they would match my pink Lampre riding gear.I LOVE team gear!!!
3. Because i went to the Tour De France and rode up the Mont Ventoux for the 2nd time to watch Lance, Alberto, Carlos, Bradley etc, so they would mean something to me!
4. Because i have used my cycling and running to good effect and raised over Â£40,000 for charities since 2003 and NEVER used a penny of the sponsorship to cover costs!
5. Because i own 2 Focus bikes and don’t stop raving about them to other people
5. Because i buy all my bike gear down at Wiggle Rock!!
6. Because i’m not good enough to actually win anything at bike racing so it might be my only chance to win something…..but my claim to fame is that i got dropped by Malcolm Elliott and Russell Downing!
7. Because i would say a really BIG thank you for such a fantastic and unique prize!
I wanted to buy some flash Sidi’s
so decided to save all my pennies
Im desperate for new shoes
so am missing out on the booze
and have been savin for ages
always checking wiggles pages
So while lookin for quality soles
especially now my old ones have holes
I came across these fancy beasts
which made me fall to my knees
Im desperate to win these lovely lakes
signed by one of the greats
So save me a packet
because I need a new jacket
and put me in the shoes of Carlos Sastre