Event number one of the Castle Triathlon Series 2012 will take place at the stunning Lough Cutra Castle in Ireland.
The race starts with the open water swim in the lake, followed by a quick jump onto the bike to take-on the 20km lap around Lough Cutra. Participants in the Sprint will head out for one lap, with both the Mid and Olympic distance entrants doing a second. Then it’s off for one or two laps of the grounds (sprint and Mid / Olympic races, in respect) of the castle estate to finish the race in style.
There is no doubt that the Lough Cutra Castle Triathlon is one for the photo album. With captivating views of the 1,000 acre estate, the deer park, a final dash through the stables and a finish in front of the castle itself, spectators and participants alike will be able to enjoy a pre and post bout of relaxation in what is simply one of the finest sporting locations on the triathlon calendar.
• Adult Individual Olympic – The Lough Cutra 1500m/40km/10km
• Adult Olympic Relay – The Lough Cutra Relay 1500m/40km/10km
• Adult Individual Mid-Distance – The Prendergast 800m/40km/8km
• Adult Mid-Distance Relay-The Prendergast Relay 800m/40km/8k
• Adult Individual Sprint – The Viscount Gough 400m/20km/4km
• Adult Sprint Relay – The Viscount Gough Relay 400m/20km/4km
• Junior (13-15 yrs) – The Teal 300m/8km/4km
• Children (11-12 yrs) – The Cormorant 200m/4km/2km
• Children (8-10 yrs) – The Widgeon 100m/4km/1.3km
• Junior and Children’s Relay – All Distances
• Family Entry – (2 adults, 3 children All Distances / Family Entry (2 adults, 2 children) All Distances
Wiggle’s online range of triathlon kit has something for everybody. Whether you take part in triathlon as a novice or professional, Wiggle still believes that you should have access to the very best brands and also be able to choose from a huge selection of products. We have exclusives, such as the fantastic Adidas AdiZero shoe and also stock brands such as Orca and 2XU.