Here at Wiggle we have a WORLDWIDE EXCLUSIVE product launch. Oh, and you have the opportunity to win a pair of these new wheels too!
First up is the NEW Fulcrum Racing Zero Nite wheels, they’re certainly head-turners and have a number of new features including:
- Plasma Treatment, this gives the Fulcrum Racing Zero Nite wheel set an ‘all black’ look. The Plasma Treatment process creates an extremely hard and wear resistant surface. The addition of new reflective rim graphics give great contrast to the dark surface
- New braking surface- The specially milled braking surface on the Fulcrum Racing Zero Nite wheels is Plasma treated allowing superior braking in wet conditions. The ‘grooves’ in the braking surface allow water to drain away increasing braking friction. Carbon brake pads must be used for optimum braking. These are included and will fit brake shoes depending on freehub model chosen.
- Plasma treated freehub. This removes 20g from the weight of the freehub
These new pieces of technology for Fulcrum are combined with tested & proven technology from the Italian brand:
- Differentiated rim heights – 25mm at front for optimal manoeuvrability; 30mm at rear for optimal power transfer. The rims are triple milled to save weight.
- A carbon Hub with oversize flanges is used creating a lightweight & stiff hub.
- Fulcrum 2:1 spoke ratio technology on the rear wheel; double the number of spokes on the drive side for greater wheel stability & improved power transfer. 16 radially laced aero spokes on the front wheel & 21 on the rear.
- USB ceramic bearings. These are 30% lighter, 40% more resistant and 50% smoother compared to standard steel ball bearings!
For 2015 the Fulcrum Racing Zero‘s get a facelift with a NEW colourway as well as these fantastic features:
- Fulcrum Dynamic Balance keeps the Racing Zero wheels perfectly stable, this is achieved in the rim milling process rather than a spoke pattern as seen on some wheels
- The Racing Zero wheels feature Fulcrum’s USB ceramic bearings which are 30% lighter 40% more resistant and 50% smoother compared to the standard bearings.
- Carbon hubs with oversize flanges provide a lightweight & stiff hub
- Fulcrum 2:1 spoke ratio technology on the rear wheel; double the number of spokes on the drive side for greater wheel stability & improved power transfer, this uses a total of 21 spokes. The front wheel has 16 radially laced aero spokes.
- Specific front & rear rims. The front is shallower (25mm) than the rear (30mm). This allows great handling in windy conditions as well as providing increased power transfer through the rear wheel. They are also triple milled to save those all important grams!
Now for the competition!
Simply answer the simple question below, clue, answer can be found here:
Week 1 30/6/2014 – 06/7/2014: Fulcrum Racing Zero
Week 2 07/7/2014 – 13/7/2014: Fulcrum Racing Zero Nite
Week 3 14/7/2014 – 20/7/2014: Fulcrum Racing Zero
Week 4 21/7/2014 – 27/7/2014: Fulcrum Racing Zero Nite
Week 5 28/7/2014 – 03/8/2014: Fulcrum Racing Zero
Terms and Conditions
- The five winners will be selected at random. They will be notified within 3 days after each week of the competition. The decision will be final and no correspondence or discussion concerning the decision shall be entered into.
- This competition is not open to employees of Wiggle or i-ride.co.uk
- The winner agrees for Wiggle to use their name in publicity when the winner has been drawn.
- All prizes are non-transferable, non-refundable and non-negotiable. No cash alternative is available for any prize.
- Standard Wiggle Competition Terms and Conditions Apply